ICI Modules: posix: fcntl
Modules by name : by type
Synopsisint = fcntl(int, string [, int])
The fcntl() function provides access to the fcntl(2) system call. The first argument is a file descriptor on which some action is to be performed. That action is given by the second argument, a string, that may be one of the following values,
- "dupfd" - duplicate a file descriptor
- "getfd" - get the close-on-exec flag
- "setfd" - set the close-on-exec flag
- "getfl" - get the current file flags
- "setfl" - set the descriptor flags
- getown - return the process id for signals
- setown - set process id for signals
Those actions that require a parameter, the "set" requests, require a third argument, an integer, giving the value that is to be set.
Flag values are system specific and currently no symbolic versions are defined.